Vega Platform Release 2.6.0
- Provider Accounts can be edited while Discovery is running, a new message has been added that any edits to Provider Accounts won’t take effect until the next Discovery run.
- New “Refresh All” button on Resources to fetch the latest resource states from the database for current list of resources.
- New “Refresh” action for individual resources in Resources Table.
- New indicator for “Discovery running” which will show in the top right of UI, replacing the “pill” notification.
- New Autocomplete Dropdown (tree view) for selecting a Business Group in
- Parking Schedules -> create/edit
- Settings -> Users -> create/edit
- Bug Fix for editing Azure Provider Accounts
- Bug Fix for “Disable Between” using GMT Time Zone
- Bug Fix for “Disable Between” button in Business Groups -> Parking Schedules.
- BETA Feature: “Organization” Tab in within Settings. This is organization based and not user based and will be managed with org_owner or vega_admin only roles at this time and any changes will be applied globally.
- Ability to change “Organization Name”
- Ability to change/upload Primary and Secondary Logos
- Ability to customize theme with primary and secondary colors.
- BETA: Ability to customize Resource to Business Groups rules using “Assignment Rules” within Business Groupings in the Platform.
Hotfix: Vega Platform Release 2.5.1
- Bug Fixes relating to parking schedules
- Ability to edit provider accounts while discovery is running
- New drop-down selector for "Type" when filtering Resources
Vega Platform Release 2.5.0
- Performance Improvements loading Business Groupings
- New Parking Functionality: Disable Between
- Choose a time range to disable the parking schedule, overriding any attached schedules and priority groups. Note: the disabled status doesn't trigger immediate action; resources will persist in their current parked or unparked state until the schedule becomes active again within the designated timeframe.
- Ability to Start/Stop a parkable resource within the Resources Table Actions.
Hotfix: Vega Platform Release 2.4.8
- Bug Fix relating to parent/child provider accounts
Hotfix: Vega Platform Release 2.4.7
- Provider Account Creation Failed with Parent Org MPA
- Creation of provider accounts ("+Link" button) accounts will now be available while discovery is running.
- UI Styling Changes/Improvements
- Reduced density of most MUI Datagrids to compact.
- Added in a cancel variant to the button component instead of wrapping the button in a style
- Reduced the height (size) of the menu items -Moved some colors that were not coming from theme to coming from theme
- Fixed Loading Animation for Parking Schedules
- Enhance 'Square' Selection Style for Parking Schedules
Hotfix: Vega Platform Release 2.4.6
- Updates foundational elements for parent-child organizations so that when creating an AWS linked account in a child organization, payer accounts from the parent organization are shown. The payer dropdown has also been improved with more descriptive text.
- Updated version of the onboarding script to support assigning parent orgs to new organizations we are onboarding.
Vega Platform Release 2.4.5
- Resource name added as a column and filterable everywhere resources are shown
- Display AWS Account Alias/ Azure Subscription name as Account Name
- Database Indexes to improve performance
- Various Bug Fixes
Vega Dashboard Release 2.2.6
- Object Storage Inventory: Updated exec group & team parameters, and added a control to view trending spend in the top visual
- Re-order of recommendation tabs
- Right Sizing & FR: Added max CPU/Mem columns to the bottom table
- Added Resource Type and Operating System controls to all IAAS rec tabs
- Anomaly Detection: Added filterable controls like database, warehouse, and user
- Spend Overview: Added group by options/drop down to the month over month visuals (similar to vInform)
- Query Profiling: the bottom 3 "top" visuals have the columns sorted by the right most column
- Top Unused Table Resources show table names instead of warehouse names
Vega Platform Release 2.4.4
- 500 Error Bug Fixes
- 'Okta' Button for SSO added to configuration
- Icon on UI linking directly to Release Notes
- Updated 'Assigned Resources' in Business Group Details and Parking Edit view
- Added 'Name' Column to all Resource Table Components
- Improved Bulk Upload for Provider Accounts
- User Invitations can now contain '+' in email addresses
- Enhanced roll up for Business Group Resources with parent-child relationship
- Updates to resource removal on advanced parking schedules
Hotfix: Vega Platform Release 2.4.3
- Bug Fix 'Date Added' column on settings page
- Bug Fix UI Update for SSO to configure SSO Provider
Hotfix: Vega Platform Release 2.4.2
- Enhancement/Bug Fixes for Business Group and Provider Accounts and Resources
- UI updates to Settings Tab
- Clickable links in Business Group Table, Business Groups in Users Table, and Resources with the ability to right-click to allow user to "open in new tab"
Vega Platform Release 2.4.0
- New Interface for managing Business Groupings including new 'User' and 'Schedules' columns, 'Details' to view 'Attached Resources' and 'Parking Schedules' for business groups
- New interface for Resources including updated 'Status', 'Business Group', and 'Attached to Parking Schedule' Columns and a new 'Actions' column experience
- New Resources "Details" page/layout, that shows additional metadata in the details page, including JSON for that resource. If the resource is parkable, it will show any attached parking schedules in 'Parking Schedules' tab
- New 'Business Groups' column on Parking Schedules page
- New 'Attach Resources' view when creating/editing Parking Schedules
- New 'Business Grouping' column on Settings -> User Page
- New 'Business Grouping' selection available when inviting/editing a user.
- Checkbox to indicate "This is a payer account (organization root)" when linking AWS Cloud Account.
- "Short name" for Azure resources is used in all views
- New functionality for AWS provider accounts that allow external id to be changed
Hotfix Vega Platform 2.3.3
- Bug Fixes for SSO Configuration
Vega Dashboard release v2.2.5
- Executive Group & Team controls added to all existing pages.
- Additional business groupings provided by client mappings to help them navigate.
Cost Navigator: Added "Is Committed Use Eligible?" Control
- This will allow the user to drill down to spend only eligible for CUD's cross-cloud.
Cost Navigator: Y-Axis now shows 2 decimal places for visibility_
- We were rounding the bar/line chart to the nearest whole number, this just provides visibility for example if they're at 1mm they want to see 1.31mm._
Anomaly Detection: Showing continuous line v. date-breaks for blank days_
- If a resource spend stopped, the line would show date gaps, it now shows as 0. See images below for visual detail:_
Instance Inventory: Month Discovered updated to Date Discovered
- Last week we added "month discovered" which gave a slight look into what month/year a resource was discovered within the last 13-months. We've updated this column to now be "date discovered" which is the actual date we have posted for when that resource first hit the billing files.
Added "Is Actual?" Control
- This is to eliminate questions from the user regarding what of their current month spend is actual v. forecasted
Date Selector is now by Usage Day, Month, Quarter or Week
- We were originally only giving them a 30-day, 60-day, 90-day view option. They now can view any date range by day, week, month or quarter.
- Auto-Parking Metrics: GCP Added
- GCP was validated so it's added.
- Non-Prod Redundancy: GCP Added
- GCP was validated so it's added.
Redshift, BigQuery and Microsoft available in Inform tabs
- We have been only showing Snowflake data warehousing in the vData pages, we now show them AWS, Azure and GCP data warehouse spend as well.
Net New Recommendation: Query Profile
- Vega Data Query Profile aims to provide insight into which queries are the longest running, most expensive and processing the most data. You have the ability to filter by a range of different controls and identify which processes would be good candidates for optimization.
Anomaly Detection: Showing continuous line v. date-breaks for blank days
Vega Platform 2.3.0 Feature Release:
- Vega Dashboard Authoring Console
- New Page for CUD Recommendations -Tag Management is now called Tag Compliance
- Re-Designed UI for SSO Configuration/Mapping
- Numerous filtering and pagination improvements
- "Business Group" added as a column in Parking Schedules List
Vega Dashboard Release v2.2.4
- Cost Navigator: When the daily view is selected, only Actuals will show
- Added Cloud Provider Identifier to Resource Detail Pivot table
- Month Discovered added to Instance Inventory data table
Vega Executive KPIs
- NatGateway visual added
- Date Selector available in Trending tabs
- Content Repo tags added to controls
- $/TB Charts legends ranked by spend
- "Other" cross-filtering bug fixed
- Date selector added to choose dates used in visuals
- Object Storage Recommendation
- Aging Snapshots Recommendation updated to roll-up to the volume level for AWS and GCP
Vega Data now called 'Vega Datametry'
- Savings Overview Tab added
Vega Platform 2.2.2
- Maintenance Release
- Bug Fixes
Vega Dashboard Release v2.2.2
AWS added to idle VMs
Ability to view usage/net fiscal as line/bar chart
New Snowflake Usage Recommendation
Vega Executive KPIs:
Trending Spend Tab
GCP and Azure added
EDP Savings now called Negotiate Savings
Vega Platform 2.1.1 HOTFIX: Authentication and Authorization
Vega Platform 2.2.0:
- Authentication and Authorization Features including:
- Business Group Relationships
- Updating the Parking Schedule UI for Business Group Selection
- SSO Role Mapping
- Updating Platform Roles - distinct roles to assign users with different permissions and responsibilities to their position and responsibilities according to position and tasks within the organization.
- SSO (Okta)
- Various Bug Fixes
Vega Dashboard Release v2.3.1 (10/5/2023)
- Spend Overview: Added "Cloud Provider" to the "Month-over-Month" drop down
- Resource Detail: Changed the minimum amount threshold to a slider control
- Idle Load Balancer: Now showing Azure and GCP
- Added Product, Financial Owner and Technical Owner in the visual drop downs and under controls
- Added Right Sizing Rec tab
Vega Executive KPI's:
- Added GCP and Azure (pending review)
Vega Platform 2.1.0:
- Advanced Parking Functionality -- ability to create priority grouping of resources, start/stop one or more resources in a defined sequence.
- Introduced 5-minute interval for parking schedules.
- Anomaly Detection: added a filter to differentiate between flattening and weekly normal anomalies.
- Flattening Anomaly -- spend to previous seven days remains anomalous, but relative spend to the previous day is either dropping or plateauing. This will continue to represent an anomaly, but corrective action has already been taken or is a new normal.
- Weekly Normal Job -- Seven day spend is exactly or within 3% of current spend. This is helpful to flag to eliminate noise from known weekly cron jobs showing up as anomalies.
- Resource Detail: Added ability to filter report by name of the resource.
- Disk Optimization -- Now available for AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Auto-Parking Metrics -- Now Available for AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Right Size and Family Refresh -- Now can filter report by the instance family.
- Vega now has a Snowflake Warehouse Hourly Usage Tab which allows users to see an hourly profile of their warehouse usage by time idle, time off, and time actively running.
Vega Executive KPIs:
- New Vega Score KPI Metric and Reporting.
- Vega Score uses custom logic to rank each cloud service for cost, security, and maturity to provide insight and focus on modernization efforts and assist with gamification.
- New high level Effective Savings Rate view by product.
We are pleased to announce that our Vega Platform Documentation Site has officially launched! Here you will be able to find comprehensive guides and resources for navigating our SaaS platform, API Docs, and step-by-step guides for cloud provider integration documentation.
- More versatile view of data with Spend Overview. Dropdown selectors have been added to Month-over-Month spend to filter by either Product Group or Product Category. In addition, dropdown selectors have also been added to Spend by Business Unit.
- Accountability on Snowflake Spend! Snowflake has now been added allowing insight into snowflake spending in an easy to view chart.
- Object Storage Inventory update. By request, a new layer of granularity has been added to Trending Object Storage with the ability to view by product detail category.
- Understanding savings opportunities is easier than ever with updates to Savings Overview. A view of top nine resources to action will be listed showing you easy wins to savings. Increased ability to change how you view your opportunities.
- Filter by Aging Snapshot Creation Date. Parse down to a month with the snapshot creation month filter. Allowing you to filter and prioritize resources.
- GCP Recommendations have been added. GCP Cloud Spend category recommendations for aging snapshots, family refresh, orphan discs, and autoparking savings are now included.
- Ability to explore Snowflake spend in a tailored Cost Navigator Environment!